Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
joanusdmentia

Building boost on Windows Mobile 5

This topic is 4229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I'm currently looking at porting some code that makes use of boost across to a PocketPC running WM5 and was wondering if anyone else has had any success with this? The header-only libraries aren't a problem, they just work as-is (I've updated to the newly released 1.34.0). It's the parts of boost that need to be built that are the headache, and in particular getting the build system to work. I've built boost myself for x86 targets without any problems, but there doesn't seem to be any pre-existing support for CE5/WM5 and I don't have any experience configuring boost for a new platform. I'm using VS2005 with the WM5 SDK. Anyone here done this before or know of someone else who has and would be willing to part with their bjam configuration? Alternatively, how difficult is it to create a new platform/compiler configuration? Presumably I'd use msvc.jam as a starting point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
When I've used Boost on WM5 I've typically just dropped in any source files I needed into the application I was building. Not the most scalable solution but worked for me at the time. I would recommend brining this question up on the boost developer mailing list as it is pretty active generally. Although BoostCon is going on right now I believe so a large number of the active members will be away.

http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Mike, after a bit of googling I came across some work done by Reece Dunn towards gettings this working. It wasn't complete or for 1.34.0, but it was close enough that I could get the build system working with the WM5 SDK. So far I've only gotten Boost.Threads actually built (after adding a missing header in a couple of places) as that's really the only part I'm using at the moment (apart from the header-only libraries, that is), but hopefully I'll get all of boost compiling without too much effort and will submit a patch once completed (after a bit of discussion on the list, no doubt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!