• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yk_cadcg

[hlsl 10] EXECUTION ERROR #371: DEVICE_DRAW_RESOURCE_FORMAT_SAMPLE_UNSUPPORTED

This topic is 4152 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone met this? I use R32G32B32_UINT as shader resource and sample it and output it in ps. VC2005 output window spits this: D3D10: ERROR: ID3D10Device::Draw: The Shader Resource View in slot 0 of the Pixel Shader unit is using the Format (R32G32B32_UINT). This format does not support 'Sample', 'SampleLevel', 'SampleBias' or 'SampleGrad', at least one of which is being used on the Resource by the shader. [ EXECUTION ERROR #371: DEVICE_DRAW_RESOURCE_FORMAT_SAMPLE_UNSUPPORTED ] but still I can get correct sample results.

Advertisement
Well it says that the driver doesn’t report support for this feature. Maybe this is the error or sampling form this format doesn’t always work 100% correct. In this case the driver is not allowed to report support.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!