Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer11

What Jobs?

This topic is 4058 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

What kind of jobs are there for game desgin? And what is it like to do these jobs? And can you make ideas for games and make the story fro a job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
What kind of jobs are there for game desgin? And what is it like to do these jobs? And can you make ideas for games and make the story fro a job?


Sure, if you are willing to pay people to program your game for you and then the game makes money. I think it would be very hard for someone to get a job as a game designer with no coding skills unless they already have released very good games(AAA title quality). You will also find it hard to find a programmer to build your game when you can't code. I for one would certainly not unless I loved your game idea but even then I have my own ideas I would rather work on or rather with with other coders on their ideas if I like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by RyanZec
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
What kind of jobs are there for game desgin? And what is it like to do these jobs? And can you make ideas for games and make the story fro a job?


Sure, if you are willing to pay people to program your game for you and then the game makes money. I think it would be very hard for someone to get a job as a game designer with no coding skills unless they already have released very good games. You will also find it hard to find a programmer to build your game when you can't code. I for one would certainly not unless I loved your game idea but even then I have my own ideas I would rather work on or rather with with other coders on their ideas if I like them.


What you mean by code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
What you mean by code?


Sorry but LOL!

Now that I am done laughing, what i mean by code is well code. Generally games are coded in C++ which is a programming language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by RyanZec
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
What you mean by code?


Sorry but LOL!

Now that I am done laughing, what i mean by code is well code. Generally games are coded in C++ which is a programming language.


what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Original post by Gamer11
Quote:
Original post by RyanZec
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
What you mean by code?


Sorry but LOL!

Now that I am done laughing, what i mean by code is well code. Generally games are coded in C++ which is a programming language.


Why would i want to right in code? I just want to tight an idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You don't really need to study advanced coding skills to be a designer.

You need a general understanding of coding, so that at least you can make sure that programmers are actually able to code your game idea (i.e. your game idea is not too difficult or impossible to create).

Besides knowing how to create a game design, you will also need to know other things as well. For example, you would need to know whether people will like your game or not (what's the current trend?). And then, you also have to know aesthetics (level design as an example). And the list goes on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hah you if you just want to write an idea for a game, perhaps check out the forum "Writing for Games," a few forums down from here. That sounds like it would be a better place to post a topic like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!