My computer does not want me to finish my game

Started by
15 comments, last by Programmer101 16 years, 11 months ago
I have been trying to get a world editor for my game to work for what seems like ages now. I first made one in mfc but it only seemed to work on my pc so I couldn't fix the problem. Now i made one in c# with .net and it doesn't work on anybodies computer but mine and the people who are using it don't know how to explain the problem. I would appreciate if some of you all could test it: Download it! Thanks a bunch!
Advertisement
Well, it runs on my pc. None of the buttons or menus or anything seem to have an effect on the 3D view however, I'm guessing they are just stubs. The 3D view seems to render ok, with the grass and sky textures visible.

[edit] I tell a lie, the camera controls under the 3D view actually work, just didn't see them at first, also the different outside cells seem to load ok.
[edit2] Sorry, forgot to mention I'm running on XP Home SP2, just ask if you need more details.

[Edited by - knowyourrole on May 14, 2007 9:12:53 PM]
No go here, I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Unknown Module.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3d, Version=1.0.2902.0 ... or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

LOL

Sorry I'm no help... but your thread title got my attention. We've all been there, eh?
my_life:          nop          jmp my_life
[ Keep track of your TDD cycle using "The Death Star" ] [ Verge Video Editor Support Forums ] [ Principles of Verg-o-nomics ] [ "t00t-orials" ]
Other people will probably need to install the Managed DirectX Runtime in order to run the game. (Also, make sure they have the .Net framework installed, although it's pretty rare for a Windows PC to not have .Net on it these days).

A pretty recent MDX Runtime can be found here from Microsoft.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Okay. I know a few people with vista who can't run it and all for different reasons. It's good to hear that someone can run it though. Thats a bit of a relief!

knowyourrole-
Do you have visual studio installed or do you already program MDX stuff? It seems to me that the only reason that it would only work on my computer is because I have visual studio and the other people don't.

I'd like to hear from other people about this and if it works.
Here is the download link:

Download the Program
Download the .net 2.0 framework
Download MDX April Runtime

If there are any more things that you need to download for this to work or if any of these links are incorrect, please tell me.

Thanks again!
Yeah, I do have have VS.NET 2003 installed, I couldn't tell you anything about MDX since I've never used it. I also have .NET 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 installed, and DirectX 9.0c. I have never installed any DirectX SDK either.

[Edited by - knowyourrole on May 15, 2007 7:08:28 AM]
Alright. I have Visual Studio .NET 2003, and one of the latest DirectX SDK installed and am running Windows XP Professional. I however cannot run it. When trying to open the application, i get the following error:

"To run this application, you must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework"

Maybe that is the problem? =/

wtf...I get an error far different then anyone elses.

My error is that I can't even unzip. I've re downloaded it tons of times, and I have also tried to unzip it with other programs. lol. I'll keep on trying.

Chad.

Worked* for me.

* XP SP2, .Net 1.1 & 2.0, VS 2003 & 2005 (Prof.), DirectX 9 SDK (June 2006) etc..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement