• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DrPepperCorn

intelliSense in DevC++

This topic is 4051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Been looking but no joy, how do i activate it or is there a download i need to get. im sure ive seen this working on it before, cant remember how i did it thankees

Advertisement
You could just do the reasonable thing and switch over to VC++ Express...

I don't know how to Dev-C++'s version of intelliSense, but I have always been prompted to enable it when installing Dev-C++.

That said, I agree with Promit. VC++ Express is free and the intelliSense is MUCH MUCH better than anything you'll get with Dev-C++.

Hi;

I think what you are looking for is the Code Completion feature.

To enable code completion, go to "Tools / Editor Options" and enable the class browser and code completion.

Quote:
Original post by DigiDude
I don't know how to Dev-C++'s version of intelliSense, but I have always been prompted to enable it when installing Dev-C++.

That said, I agree with Promit. VC++ Express is free and the intelliSense is MUCH MUCH better than anything you'll get with Dev-C++.

I wouldn't call it MUCH MUCH better, I would say a little better, I believe Microsoft thought the IntelliSense feature was a lost cause on C++ and did not warrant the "making it better" approach. But still grab VC++ Express as it is, IMO, the best free C++ IDE & Compiler around.

If you are looking for a lot better IntelliSense for C++ then I think you have no choice but to look towards getting the non-express edition of C++.NET 2005 and to try out WholeTomato's (www.wholetomato.com) Intellisense addin.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!