• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
andreius

football manager online game kind of thing...

This topic is 4054 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, im planning on making a online football manager game (soccer for you USA people) Game Description: Signup Game randomly generates a team of eg. 20 players and they all have personal attributes get put into a league were other real life people are around the world ( multiplayer online) ...win cups and so on.. i have some programming and flash (wich i wish to make the game in) experience but wish to know how i could go about making sort of like a database to store players form each club, positions of clubs in leagues, extra info........... any software or websites that you know would offer help kindly appreaciated any aspect at all to help me develop game also appreciated hoping for your soon response andy

Advertisement
Using an SQL database is a very common approach to storing the amount of data you'll be looking at. From what I hear, Flash actually integrates fairly well with PHP and SQL. I've never taken the time to set it all up, but here's a tutorial with sample code that might help you get started.

If you're unfamiliar with SQL and database management/manipulation, here's a brief introduction.

There may be some other methods, but I think if you can familiarize yourself with SQL databases then you'll end up saving yourself a bunch of time (I recommend trying MySQL to manage SQL databases). Plus, SQL is very common in the computer era we live in, and is used quite widely; even if you don't end up using it for your game, you can at least take knowledge of SQL with you to a job interview.

Good luck with the game! :)

thanks alot...
- great explenation
- useful links
- nice talkthrough
- good examples

Really appreciated your help

*rated

Thx
Andy

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!