Loading a Mesh

Started by
3 comments, last by Scorp07 16 years, 11 months ago
I having trouble to load a mesh using directx. the problem is that i'm using the diretx examples, I don't have any experince in directx, and when a load it it cames with the texture and material, i just want to take it of!!! Why I cant take of the materials and textures? thanks!! noturno.
Advertisement
Maybe you should try commenting out the relevant calls to IDirect3DDevice9::SetMaterial and SetTexture. Realise that asking people to 'give you a fish' won't get you very far. If you want to do any real work, you'll have to familiarise yourself with the API.

Admiral
Ring3 Circus - Diary of a programmer, journal of a hacker.
Yep, i know that, but I tried to start with DiretX tutorials, but right now I don't think that was a good idea. You know online tutorial to learn the DiretX API?

thanks a lot.
noturno.
When I take of the materials and the texture it only show a black figure and I want to see it lake a wireframe. how to do it?

have and parameter that is missing????

thanks.
noturno.
How did you go about removing the textures and materials? With code removal or by actually removing them with a modeler? There are actually a few different ways to make a mesh appear as wireframe, but it depends on if you want just the mesh to appear that way or the entire scene, etc.

In the code for setting the D3D device render states, you can change the fill mode to wireframe...
p_d3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_FILLMODE, D3DFILL_WIREFRAME );

but this will affect the entire scene. If you want just the mesh object to be wireframe and nothing else, then you'll need to handle it differently. It really depends on what you want to do. I would check out the documentation for the API, as TheAdmiral said.

Scorp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement