• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
annoynomous

Hexxagon AI

This topic is 4050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing the hexxagon game...i am finding the ai very difficult...can anybody help me with this??? it is very urgent....does anyone have any algorithms or source code fr the same??? earliest reply will be appreciated

Advertisement
All right. Standard advice number one: Use full sentences, drop the ellipsis (that's "...") and capitalise. This will make you look like an adult and get you better help; just for one thing, you won't get my standard-advice-number-one cluttering up your thread. (You may instead get my welcome-to-newbies-who-use-good-grammar, but some things just have to be lived with.)

Standard advice number two: To help you, we must understand what the problem is. First, I for one have no idea what 'hexxagon' is. A link to the rules would be helpful. Second, just what is your problem with the AI? Do you have a really basic one that does stupid things, and you'd like help to improve it? Do you have no idea where to start? Do you need suggestions for evaluating positions in a move search? We really cannot give you good help without knowing what you need.

Standard advice number three: The combination of 'very urgent' and asking for source code makes you look like a student who left his homework for the last minute. Since homework help is against the rules, you should strive to avoid this appearance, especially if it's true. You would do much better to say up front that it's homework, and ask for some hints; this is frowned upon but does usually pass.

Oh, and some non-standard advice: Post in the right forum. It sounds like you are just starting out and might get better help in 'For beginners'; conversely, you have an AI problem and might want to take your troubles to the AI forum. For god's sake don't start cross-posting, though. Ask a moderator to move you.

To both posters: Google is your friend. A quick search of "Hexxagon", and then "Othello AI", yielded numerous results, the most intriguing of which is here.

King of Men: I can't help but detect at least a modicum of self-righteous smarm in your posts in this thread; please at least attempt courtesy.

Non-standard advice point 3: Ellipses, while frowned upon when used excessively, are valid punctuation. That is the one instance where tripling a normal punctuation mark is valid. Others such as question marks(?) and exclamation points(!) should be used singly when asking people for help.

When you are responding and mocking someone simultaneously, sometimes exceptions are made;;;

I do feel that Google is the friend of the man asking for help, rather than those being asked. A post asking for help means there is something you cannot do, so presumably it is something difficult. There is no need to make it even slightly more difficult by not doing easy courtesies like linking to what you are talking about.

Touching ellipses, I agree that they are valid (although they are not punctuation) in two cases: First, when indicating that a list continues, thus: "Apples, oranges, pears..." similar to 'etc'. Second, when reporting speech that trails off vaguely: ""Why, I think...", he said". They are not valid as dividers between sentences.

As for smarm, my smarm is as the smarm of ten, because my self-righteousness is pure!

This thread is quite amusing yet going slightly off topic with the smarm, elipsis, google conversation. Glad you guys all took it in good stead.

That aside I don't think there's much more to say until the original poster gets back with more information, unless someone is feeling very generous.

This thread is being closed forthwith. Do NOT double post across forums. Just because you didn't like the answer in the AI forum (i.e., being told to give more info), doesn't mean you should open a new thread with exactly the same original post in another forum. That sort of behaviour is seriously frowned upon.

Timkin

This topic is 4050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.