• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
quantumgamez

MIDway Error from teh Motorola SDK help please

This topic is 4052 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have never worked with throwing applications on cellphones, but I got a hint to download the Motorola SDK and it comes with MIDway and it does, and install it, and I did, and I have a JAD file that i know is for cellphones, and when I tried to throw in on my Motorola Rzr 3v I got this error Opening JAD file.............[OK] Connecting the phone.........[FAILED] Downloading canceled. But, when I first started the MIDway it couldn't find where the phone was connected to, but when I connected the phone, and updated it it said yup it was connected, but i already have the latest updates. So, how can I get this to work. It kept on looking for a COM port it gave me the options of COM1 - COM256 as COM Ports, hm.. I've plugged it up to a USB port, so I have no idea what the COM Port, nor the Baud Rate, or the AT Command should be in settings. If anyone does know please let me know. Thanks, c.s. Finch

Advertisement
You need to install the phone driver, which causes the phone to appear as a modem on a COM port. I'm not sure where you can get the driver from though (I can't remember where I got it). Have a look on Google. If you can't find it, I'll PM you it when I get home in about 6 hours (Assuming that's legal).

1) Is java apploader enabled on this handset? If not, MIDway WILL NOT WORK.

2) To find the COM port open up the device manager and look in the list of attached hardware. If you installed the drivers correctly and the handset is recognized you should be able to right click it, select properties and find the COM port. The BAUD rate and AT command are irrelevant.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!