Programming language

Started by
3 comments, last by Promit 16 years, 11 months ago
hi, i have a brief knowledge of: Java C++ DarkBasic ActionScript (Flash) C Sharp Im thinking of making an online MMOPRG can everyone please suggest what language would be the most appropriate ( remember its gonna be online)option, either on my "already started on" list or others. im thinking of concentrating on it and then building up to it as i do not want to concentrate on something that wont help me in my final project (online(no download required)mmoprg).
Advertisement
If you have to ask, the answer is none of them.

Let me explain: The fact that you ask this question suggests that you haven't done any research into the requirements of your project, or into the capabilities and relative strengths of the various languages. Furthermore it tells me that you don't want to do this research, you want us to just tell you the answer - which hints at an underlying attitude (dare I say it: laziness) which is not going to be terribly conducive to completing a large and complex project such as a MMORPG.

Let's turn the question around. Which language do YOU think you should use, and why?

Edited for explanation.
then what is the answer???
I think anyone who says they only have a 'brief knowledge of' a language and then wants to make an MMO is going to struggle to get reasonable answers. The answer is pick a language you like, learn it beyond the point of 'brief knowledge'. Then come back when you yourself have put more thought into it.

cheers

Jon

[edit] Also online non downloadable (in the sense of you client doesn't have to manually download and execute the file) really limits you to java/flash or better still (more feasible) a php based online game.
This isn't appropriate for this forum, and was cross posted in For Beginners. Check there for the thread.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement