can you use DX9 in Vista?

Started by
6 comments, last by RyanZec 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi, can you use dx9 in vista? or is it better to switch to dx 10? i herd it was completely different than dx9.

You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

Advertisement
Yes.
Yes, Vista supports DX9. Actually it supports a superset that is compatible with DX9.
thnx, but is there a point in developing games in DX10 , since its only supported by 2 cards?

You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

As with all technology, wait 2 years, and if it hasn't died off as a Fad, then give it a shot ;)
Quote:Original post by Johnny123
As with all technology, wait 2 years, and if it hasn't died off as a Fad, then give it a shot ;)

right so I'll just stick with DX9 for now.

Most people still don't have Vista so if you plan on distributing your software you should probably use DX9 or at least wait a while before using DX10.
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
Quote:Original post by Johnny123

I think waiting 2 years is a little bit overboard. depending on the length of time you are expecting you game to take would help you choose either DirectX9 or DirectX10. Personal the project I am working on is going to support OpenGL and DirectX10 so if DirectX10 is not supported, OpenGL should be.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement