Sign in to follow this  

What would make Lazy Foo Productions Pefect

This topic is 3866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I believe Lazy Foo Productions tutorials on SDL are almost perfectt. There is only one thing missing. A really good All-in-One PDF File of all chapters covered. If there is one out there that I over glanced please let me know, or any other really good SDL PDF tutorial. I tried the ol' google search but kept getting some other SDL that works with names, trademars, etc.. Thanks,

Uh... I have my e-mail on my website, and I have a PM box here.

Anyways any sort of all-in-one isn't going to happen in the near future. Doing so will cost me hits which I need to pay for the website. The site now makes around $.60 a day, which is enough to cover the hosting bill and give me some pocket change. I've spent a lot of time on the site, like the state machine article I'm working one right now took 2 1/2 hours to make the example app and an hour just to outline what I'm covering. I'm a college student who works for minimum wage at game stop. I need any income I can get.

Also making the printable version would take time and spare time is something I don't have much of anymore. I'm afraid you'll have to spend the 20 minutes printing each lesson one by one.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back and study for my calculus final tomorrow. I've got to get this integration stuff down for a test that's worth 45% of my grade =/

Well, you could do the PDF file yourself. First, you use a tool to download all html-s (don't be fooled by the .php extension), then run another to make a single .pdf from them to rule them all :P Just search google for that kind of tools. I'm pretty sure that Lazy Foo would post a link to your .pdf, if it is hosted somewhere else. (I'm using a linux distro, so I can't help you :) . I'd use wget and OpenOffice Writer)

Btw - good luck :P

You can always wget the site. You'll have a local copy of everything, and depending on how the banners are set up, Lazy Foo will reap the benefits from the hits. win-win!

Well, I know how to make them all into one PDF...so, if LazyFoo would not mind if I did that, then I would do it, but I only would wan to do it and share it if Lazyfoo did not care.

Chad

I think he already pointed out that hits to the website are what pay to keep it going. Offering his content on your site bypasses that. Therefore it's extremely unlikely that he would want to allow it. Please just use the site normally, and support a generous programmer!

Quote:
Original post by Kylotan
I think he already pointed out that hits to the website are what pay to keep it going. Offering his content on your site bypasses that. Therefore it's extremely unlikely that he would want to allow it.

That.

I don't mind showing people how to roll an all-in-one by using a web spider or making a pdf out of it for personal use, but having any sort of all-in-one distributed on the net? No.

Anyways I would hold off on printing the whole site because I'm going to have some pretty big updates by the end of the month.

I mean it this time =P

This topic is 3866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.