NVIDIA System Sentinel

Started by
6 comments, last by zix99 16 years, 11 months ago
If suddenly warnings appears telling that an nvidia system sentinel has found that the graphic card don’t get enough of current, do I have to change the PSU? Or can something else be faulty? How do I check it? Unfortunately I can’t find a spare PSU that fits into my system. Sometimes hundreds of warnings appears and I have to turn off nvidia display driver service or the computer crash. Thanks
Advertisement
Many modern graphics cards have an extra power input, either a 4 pin molex or a 6 pin PCIe power connector. If you haven't connected this, your video card will not be able to function properly.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
My last card hade one of those. I have used the current card for one and a half years and no warnings until now. I can’t see any socket where any power cables could fit. Also, my computer appears slower.
Quote:Original post by 51mon
Also, my computer appears slower.
Check video hardware acceleration is available. (Start, Run, "dxdiag", look on the Display tab).

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
Quote:Original post by 51mon
Also, my computer appears slower.
Check video hardware acceleration is available. (Start, Run, "dxdiag", look on the Display tab).

According to dxdiag hardware acceleration was enabled. The warning message sas that the gpu has lowerd it's performance to be safe. Is it possible that the PSU gets a little broken so it can't produce enough current? I get no other warnings from the system than from the graphic card.
Mine started doing that, then a month later the fan motor overheated and melted the post it was attached to. I rigged up a new cooling system and its been running fine ever since. (Those warnings stopped as well).

Point is, it could be that the card is over-heating due to a fan issue or too much dust clogging everything up. This wouldn't happen to be an MSI card would it? (I only ask because that was the second one I had that the fan melted after a year or 2 of normal non-OC use).
it could be your psu dieing or your card overheating. have you checked to see if your voltages are stable under high stress environments (like playing games)?
as for overheating, what card do you have? i believe the 6800 and up have onboard temp sensors, which will lower the clock speed of the vid mem and gpu if things get too hot.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
This happened to me, too... and it fixed itself. I keep one of my computers in the basement, and it gets awfully cold there in the winter, which is when it started to happen. As soon as spring came, and everything warmed up it was all fine.

Long story short, I bet it's temperature issues.. try cleaning it, and reseating it.

~zix
---------------------------------------------------Game Programming Resources, Tutorials, and Multimedia | Free Skyboxes

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement