Sign in to follow this  

[web] [Flash] Setting classpath in Action Script

This topic is 3859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey All, Is there any way to set the class path for an swf in actionscript rather than through the Flash GUI (Files->Publish Settings etc)? I have a class that is going to be used on almost every screen, so I don't want to have to set this setting for every single screen, and don't want the clients using it to have to remember to do the same for any screens they make. Any ideas? Thanks!

You can set a classpath in the Flash's preferences that applies across all documents.

Normally in the global prefs (only need to do it once) I set "." as my main AS class path, and that automatically links up any classes contained in the same folder as the .fla every time.

Not sure I 100% understand the question, but I used a set of classes for any project I do in Flash, and I never had to mess around with class path settings. Just do that one global setting.

This topic is 3859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.