Sign in to follow this  

Are there any good articles on DLLs? (eg. how they work, etc)

This topic is 3867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'd like to write plug-ins for various types of applications (written in differnet languages like Delphi, C, C++, etc) and so I'd like to understand more about DLLs. For example: 1) Why do I need to use PChar with DLLs? Can I allocate a PChar, pass it into a DLL, and then immediately free the PChar memory? 2) What are the complications with creating a plug-in system (DLL-based) for my own application? 3) I know that DLLs are loaded in the same memory space as the application loading it, so does that mean it has full access to the parent application's memory? (that means it can corrupt it's parent and cause it to shutdown?) Those are the types of things I'd like to learn and whatever else is available... Can somebody point in the direction of some good articles or even books? Thanks, John

This topic is 3867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.