Sign in to follow this  

C++ intro to 3d meshes

This topic is 3866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have about a total of one year's worth of knowledge in programming, one half spent in java, and the rest in c++. The concepts are not hard to learn, but in any case I am trying to find some application of the skills I have learned. That now is moding, but in a lesser since as it is for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. What I want to do for that game is to create a side program that can quickly deform meshes to the form of another. But, I am lost in the sea that is the internet and of where I can find this information. Granted, I can wait to learn more from classes, but writing programs to do my mathematics for is very limited. (Dos window) Thus my question is simply this… can someone points me in the right direction to learn how to and be able implement for such a program?

Check out nehe.gamedev.net - there's some good tutorials to get you started, one of the earlier ones involve morphing a mesh through a sequence of shapes.

This topic is 3866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.