[.net] Shoot'em'up game created with XNA

Started by
6 comments, last by barakus 16 years, 10 months ago
Hey! I have been writing in other parts of the gamedev.net forums, but not here... I would just like to show you my game I have been working on for almost 9 months. It's a shoot'em'up game created with Game Studio Express and XNA Framework. There is gameplay videos and screenshots available, and soon also a playable demo. http://shmup.blogspot.com
Advertisement
Looks like an interesting, fun game, when are you planning to release the demo? It looks fun.
Its about freaking time :) I can never get enough of these type of games, let us know when we can buy it!
Looks really nice!
I see you took inspiration from Ikaruga, also one of my favourite shmup games.
Could you tell me a little more about the gameplay? Is there some sort of a chain system?

btw, looks like we're in the same competition for the xna title in swedish game awards :) Look up "Adventures of Ben Wondersoap" in the participants section.
Quote:
Looks really nice!
I see you took inspiration from Ikaruga, also one of my favourite shmup games.
Could you tell me a little more about the gameplay? Is there some sort of a chain system?

We took a lot of inspiration from Ikaruga, it's a great game!

Yes, there is some sort of "chainsystem" but it works different compared to Ikaruga. You get a multiplier from every bullet that bounces from your shield, and that multiplier is then used to calculate bonusscore when destroying enemies. When you die, the bonus and multiplier is lost. You collect the bonusscore when firing your homing lasers.

Quote:btw, looks like we're in the same competition for the xna title in swedish game awards :) Look up "Adventures of Ben Wondersoap" in the participants section.

Aha, you are the "Adventures of Ben Wondersoap" guy :-) I have seen that, looks like a cool platform game :-) Good luck in the contest!
The video I saw was pretty damn cool. Nine months of work with XNA on a single game? I feel so behind! Do you have any plans for getting this sold at some point (maybe somehow getting it onto XLA when Pro comes out, if that'll even be possible)?

How many people worked on this project? Is the art all original or purchased?
Thanks!

I don't really know if the plan is to sell the game, if a publisher is interested then maybe. There has been 2 people working with the project, the 3d models has been purchased and a friend has created the music.
Really sweet game. You entering it in Dream Build Play right? You have a good change methinks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement