Installing Physics into a game

Started by
4 comments, last by Kobaltic 16 years, 11 months ago
I am looking for information on installing physics into a game. Our game currently uses basic collision. We are looking into newton. I would like to know what is all involved in installing the physics. What level should a programmer be to tackle this? What is the best package out there? I am also looking for good resources on the subject. Thank You.
Advertisement
You need to have at least three tenth-level programmers, one of whom is a Lisp Elf. Also, don't try it unless you've completed the quest that gives you the Keyboard of Dwork-ness.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Quote:Original post by King of Men
You need to have at least three tenth-level programmers, one of whom is a Lisp Elf. Also, don't try it unless you've completed the quest that gives you the Keyboard of Dwork-ness.
Now wtf was that?

To the topic starter, try having a look at the wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics_engine

There's a few links a the bottom.
Check out my devlog.
1) how much are you willing to pay?
2) what type of game are you making?
3) what specific physics features are you looking for?

-me
Quote:Original post by King of Men

...haha awesome
I guess everytime I put the word level into a post I am going to get a RPG crack.

I want to teach myself how to put the physics into the game. I was trying to figure out if it is something I can do now or I should wait until I get more knowledge. Also I wanted to know what would be the best one to install. Thanks for those that actually helped.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement