Sign in to follow this  

User Interface Design in DirectX

This topic is 3864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, i made a post very similar to your own a month or so ago, there are a number of librarys you may be able to adapt to your project. Make sure you have a look at this thread:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=444948

In the end i looked at these examples and developed my own user interface specifically for my application, it wasnt very advanced but it did the job :). I simply retrived the cursor position, used nested if's in the display loop to indicate when a mouse over occured, or the mouse click case in the Windows Process function to define when a button had been clicked (and rendered a new image onto the button showing the mouse had been clicked, and maybe performed a certain function). Its not that hard really, but if you want when i get home i can PM you some examples of the type of code i used.

This topic is 3864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.