Sign in to follow this  

Where and who is the best?

This topic is 3851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to learn scripting...is there an internet site or a book, something like that, that keeps it as simplistic as possible, along with teaching you what you need to know to start scripting? I know basic HTML, is this something I should become more advanced in first? I'm kind of new at all the coding stuff, so any and all help would be great and thanks to anyone who can help!!

When you say scripting do you mean javascript (i.e. writing scripts for web pages)? Or do you just mean scripting languages in general? If it's the latter then HTML has nothing to do with it.

no I mean like writting scripts for web pages :) sorry...

but it all does peak my interest...and its all so confusing..*laughs*

I guess things that baffle me interest me even more...I just have to know what its all about

check out http://www.w3schools.com/
It has "classes" that will help you with any kind of web page scripting and a whole lot more. Its free btw and does not require you to sign up for anything.

EDIT: How much do you already know, what language do you want to learn, and what do you mean by the "more advanced stuff"?

I have some good sites to recommend.

www.dynamicdrive.com - DHTML scripts for the real world
www.kirupa.com - Shocked resource for making developers better designers! And it has Flash tutorials!
www.twey.co.uk - This guy's the reigning champ at Dynamic Drive, and he knows a lot about web coding. And I mean a lot.

EDIT: By the way, I am writing a tutorial on web coding. It's far from finished, but when it is done, it will likely be posted on my website, http://www.liberatorstudiosltd.org, as well as on the Dynamic Drive forums.

This topic is 3851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.