Sign in to follow this  

How to render Grass Textures

This topic is 3863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I have some ideas how to render grass textures but I would like to know what you guys think is the best way to do this?. oh and to be clear texture slating you know like in Morrowind or Oblivion so can anyone help me?

I couldn't say for sure, but the Oblivion long grass looks like it's done with clumps of alpha-tested billboards, much like trees are often done. Underneath the slates is a regular planar grass texture, potentially normal-mapped.

Is this what you mean? As far as I can remember, Morrowind didn't have any such grass.

Admiral

I actually already look at all of them so I'v come to a conclusion. I need to use RGBA color components of my vertices to proform my blending operation on 4 textures like the first one uses the red component for its level of transparence the next one green and so on so is there a way to do it without shaders?

This topic is 3863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.