How can I use SDL as a render for CEGUI

Started by
3 comments, last by jeff2050 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi You know that there are some 3D renders for CEGUI such as Direct3D, SDL+OpenGl etc. But I'd like to use CEGUI in my 2d game, that means I need to use a non-2d render. Who knows if there's a simple solution to implement a 2d render for CEGUI?
Advertisement
Even though D3D implies 3D rendering, it does allow rendering in 2D as well.
There are several SDL GUI libs linked from libsdl.org. It may be easier to use one of them. I may be misrepresenting it here, but last time I looked at CEGUI it looked like it had massive parallel inheritance hierarchy problems, and looked like a nightmare to alter.
[size="1"]
Quote:Original post by mrbastard
There are several SDL GUI libs linked from libsdl.org. It may be easier to use one of them. I may be misrepresenting it here, but last time I looked at CEGUI it looked like it had massive parallel inheritance hierarchy problems, and looked like a nightmare to alter.

Yes, there are some GUI that can be used for SDL such as GUICHAN and paraGUI. But I think CEGUI is the most feature complete and flexible enough library.
Quote:Original post by Dave
Even though D3D implies 3D rendering, it does allow rendering in 2D as well.

What do you mean? Currently the 3d render is working by giving vertex information and textures to draw windows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement