Sign in to follow this  

PC Minimum Reqs for Game development?

This topic is 3863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What would be the ideal specs for a PC that is going to be used to develop a gme? Since you need tons of different kinds of software, besides stating the obvious that the more the better. Use a PC or notebook? For example I picked up a book that includess DirectX9 SDK, Anim8, Audiocity,Mappy, Pro Motion Sprite Animation, And the book recommends using VSC++ 2005 Xpress Ed. Thats just and example, it depends on type of game being created and all My specs is: Inspiron 9300 Pentium M 1.8GHZ 1GB RAM 100GB HD and 160GB external drive ATI mobility Radeon x300 Thoughts?

Dude, you're rig is fine for game dev. Unless you are out there trying to build AAA titles, you really don't need a massive machine. Even then, I bet that you could compile Half-Life 2 Source in under 10 minutes.

Before my school did an upgrade about 6 months ago, we were developing on machines with 256MB RAM/64MB VRAM. They were a little slow, but they still got the job done.

This topic is 3863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.