Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft Visual C++ wont let me create a new windows application

This topic is 3862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im following the instructions for creating a new program in Microsoft Visual C++, but it wont let me create a New Windows Project under Win32 like it says im supposed to! the book is fairly new (copyright 2006) so its probably not because the instructions are out of date what could be causing this? do i need to buy the full version instead of having Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition(the free one)? i also installed the latest DirectX SDK like it said as well

If you're using Visual C++ express 2005 you'll need to also install the windows platform SDK.

I think the current one is called the Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK, which is the latest Win32 API... There's a page with instructions on what to download and how to set it all up, gimme a second and I'll find it for you.

... Here we go ...

This page tells you everything you need to do.

This topic is 3862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.