Sign in to follow this  

3D Rts

This topic is 3860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wonder if you can remember that 18 chapter RTS tutorial that was posted on gamedev a time ago. I've found it a few days ago on my drive, having found new interest in the rts genre. I would like to follow the same tasklist, like 1. Create selection box, 2. Select an object, 3. Select multiple objects...etc. But I would like to try and do it in 3d. I know that i should look into 3d picking, but i haven't had much luck in understanding how to select a box/cube. Is there any other tutorial you guys know about that would help? Btw, i'm using C++ / DirectX9. Thanx in advance. Snowy

Quote:
Original post by Snowy
I wonder if you can remember that 18 chapter RTS tutorial that was posted on gamedev a time ago. I've found it a few days ago on my drive, having found new interest in the rts genre. I would like to follow the same tasklist, like 1. Create selection box, 2. Select an object, 3. Select multiple objects...etc. But I would like to try and do it in 3d. I know that i should look into 3d picking, but i haven't had much luck in understanding how to select a box/cube. Is there any other tutorial you guys know about that would help?

Btw, i'm using C++ / DirectX9.

Thanx in advance.
Snowy

Can you post the link to the 18 chapter 2D tutorial?

This topic is 3860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.