Sign in to follow this  

Newbie vsC++ and in desprate nead of help.

This topic is 3865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I have a good knowledge of c++ and using visual studio c++ express(shortened the title so it would fit)and i decided i wanted to go farther and start directx and win32. I installed platform sdk from Microsoft's website and then i followed the installation steps from here ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/ ) , i also looked at a video from Microsoft's website on how to do it but instead of c:\directory it was $(proframfiles.....directory. Which one is the right way?( I tried the second one. Hear is were the problems start though, i went to edit the corewin_express file and replaced what needed to be replaced, but i got a vista pop up that said "Cant save", i then did run as administrator and did copy and paste and resaved the corewin file. I started up visual c++ and then when i opened my project it told me, "Error with corewin.....line 9, column 0". I Checked line 9 and column zero and that was a blank line right after what i typed in; I think i might have not copied it with the rest of the file. How does the corewin_express end? this is what i have. <?xml version="1.0"?> <VisualStudioPropertySheet ProjectType="Visual C++" Version="8.00" Name="Core Windows Libraries"> <Tool Name="VCLinkerTool" AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"(this line was line 8 but was put to line 9 when i type this here)(EDIT-I see were i went wrong with this deleting a line and im trying again to fix it) Lastly, when i do the 3 extra files, do i just do the directory to the platform sdk and end it with \bin(or the others)? Or is there more? Thanks allot and sorry for the long and dumb question Argos. [Edited by - Argos on May 20, 2007 1:27:42 PM]

This topic is 3865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.