Sign in to follow this  

direct input problem

This topic is 3859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having a problem with direct input. I am using visual c++ 6.0 and have code from a tutorial, so i don't believe the code is wrong. I have the directories included. I am thinking it is just a compatibility problem or maybe something else. Every time i try to build the program i get: TEST1.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8W Thanks.

yes... i have these...
#pragma comment (lib, "dinput.lib")
#pragma comment (lib, "dinput8.lib")
#pragma comment (lib, "dxguid.lib")

if you want the full code... its at the bottom of...
http://directxtutorial.com/Tutorial9/E-DirectInput/dx9E1.aspx#still
just click show code... as i said its a tutorial... so i am thinking its more of a problem on my end not the code

Depending on which version of the SDK you're using, Visual C++ 6.0 probably is no longer supported. Make sure the version you have installed supports VC++ 6.0 (it would have to be at least a couple years old, if not more).

Alternatively, you could grab a free compiler such as Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition of the microsoft website, and a copy of the Platform SDK, while you're at it.

Hope this helps.

This topic is 3859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.