VC++ 2005 Express Error

Started by
1 comment, last by Jmed 16 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone! Sucks my first post has to be a noob question :( I am getting an error in VC++ 2005 Express Edition and I am not sure what is causing it. I am very new to programming and VC++ and was messing around with some new things I learned when I first got the error. I thought I had maybe set up the project incorrectly so I started a new empty project, right clicked on source files and added a C++ file names omgtest. I put in some basic code and I am still getting this error. The code and the error are listed below:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{

int number;

std::cin >> number;

return 0;

};

The error comes in the form of a message box that reads: [Error Message] No Debugging Information - (Message box title) Debugging information for 'omgtest.exe.' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information. Do you want to continue debugging? (Then there is a yes/no button option) [/Error Message] The output in the log after I click 'No' reads: 'omgtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\My Name Here\Desktop\C++\omgtest\debug\omgtest.exe', Binary was not built with debug information. 'omgtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded. 'omgtest.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded. The program '[4036] omgtest.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). If anyone could offer any help I would greatly appreciate it.
Advertisement
You could probably click yes and continue, or you can add debugging information to the project.

Right-click the project, select properties, and enable debug info inside of there:

-- Under Properties->C/C++, there should be an option for debug output format or something... you can select a couple of options for the standard debug info or edit-and-continue. Either is probably fine.

-- Then under Properties->Linker->Debugging, you can enable debugging also.

-- One of those menus also has "Generate Browse Info"... I think its under C++. Turn it on as well. I'm surprised that your fresh project doesn't have that stuff enabled.
Quote:-- Then under Properties->Linker->Debugging, you can enable debugging also.

I tried just this first and it seemed to fix the problem.

Quote:I'm surprised that your fresh project doesn't have that stuff enabled.

It is odd as I haven't changed any of the settings since doing another project where this error did not occur. Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the information.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement