About bitfield

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 16 years, 7 months ago
Hello! I need to do some bit operation on an integer. Is it possible? I pass a bitfield to an angelscript function as integer, do any bit-to-bit logical operator exist? Are "or" "and" only for boolean type on angelscript (it seems they won't work as expected on my int)?
Advertisement
Ok I was wrong. Bitwise operator works, there was an error on some const definitions.

By the way now it complains about this:

bool action_on_contact(int o1, int contactType)
{
if (!(contactType & CONTACT_START == CONTACT_START)) return true;
}

It shows this warning: Signed/Unsigned mismatch.

contactType is an int. CONTACT_START is defined as const int CONTACT_START = 2

Is the problem the sign-bit on bitwise operations? Can't I suppress this warning?
Bitwise operations currently result in unsigned integer values, that's why you get this warning. I'll see if I can change this in a future version, so that the type is maintained, just like it is in C++.

You can either do a cast to integer, or you can suppress the warning in your message handler, just check if the message is this warning and don't display it.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've updated the library to maintain the signed/unsigned type of the left operand now. It's currently available in the SVN (revision 200), and will be available officially with 2.10.0.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement