I have some questions using Visual Studios C# 2005.

Started by
3 comments, last by ajm113 16 years, 11 months ago
Ok, I am new to visual studios and I want to ask some questions on it. 1.I am working with tabs and I want my tabs to fit the hole screen if the window was resized 2.How do I add a text multiline textarea that even does the same in the tabs? 3.Is there a SDK out there for Visual Studios C# with demos and example applications like dialogs with the "Find & Replace"? 4.I also want to know how I can do user formating where the user goes into edit and goes to tabifiy. Then you can enter a number of tabs you want and it will add it. I am making a scripting editor and I need to know everything there is about Visual Studios including C# programming. Is there also any recemendations for this? Thanks, Ajm113.
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.
Advertisement
I can't quite figure out what you mean with your questions, but I'll try to answer your last.
Quote:Original post by ajm113
I need to know everything there is about Visual Studios including C# programming.
Is there also any recemendations for this?
Well...everything...that's quite much.
But a few books and the MSDN library could come handy.

And...Google!
Check out my devlog.
Quote:Original post by blueapple
I can't quite figure out what you mean with your questions

QFE. I can sort of get the general idea of what you're asking but I can't parse the questions well enough to know exactly what you're asking.

1. Do you mean the tab stop in the IDE or in a program you've written? And what do you mean "fit the hole[sic] screen"?
2. Mm... Sorry, not sure at all what you mean here.
3. I'm not aware of one -- have you taken a look at the Starter kits that crop up in the news listing on the 'home page' or 'start page' with which you are first presented upon opening Visual Studio. If not, try searching MSDN for them. They're on a bit larger scope than individual dialog boxes but they might be a help.
4. In a program, it depends on exactly how your system is designed. I suspect I may have misunderstood because it seems like a fairly simple task that you're asking for -- to append tabs to a textbox, you can always just append '\t' for a tab however many times is appropriate.
[TheUnbeliever]
1.I am working with tabs and I want my tabs to fit the hole screen if the window was resized
Most controls have a "Dock" property. Click the dropdown for Docking in the property toolbox, and click the middle button, it will always fill the client area from then on. Also, if you don't want to fill (if your using some advanced layout) you can also use "Anchers" which basically means that the distance between the 'ancered' side, and the form's edge never change. In this case, you can set top, bottom, left, and right anchers and it will grow/shrink with the form or parent control also.

2.How do I add a text multiline textarea that even does the same in the tabs?
Same answer as 1

3.Is there a SDK out there for Visual Studios C# with demos and example applications like dialogs with the "Find & Replace"?
Look around on the internet, i'm sure theres some examples, but it sounds like you aren't very familiar with visual studio so I wouldn't worry about doing this yet.

4.I also want to know how I can do user formating where the user goes into edit and goes to tabifiy. Then you can enter a number of tabs you want and it will add it.
I really don't understand this question; But if your talking about code editor-style tabbing, typically what happens is, a user selects a block of text, and when you push TAB, it tabs every line that is part of the selection by one, if you SHIFT-TAB, it untabs every line (if theres anything to untab).

I am making a scripting editor and I need to know everything there is about Visual Studios including C# programming. Is there also any recemendations for this?

The .net application development certification books are a great read, you can get them at your local book store most likely. They usuially come in sets for certain exams. But any C# book will do. Good luck learning "everything there is to know" though, I've been programming for 10+ years and I still don't know everything about a single language :)

Oh, and by scripting editor, do you mean something like this? :)
@ Everyone

Thanks for your help, sorry for the poor question. I was getting ready for school at that time.

Thanks again anyways.

@ essial

Thanks a lot man! I do have a book from my libirary that teaches everything in C# thats a thousand pages long. :0

Yes, I do mean that kind of editor! If you made that I would like to ask you if you can give me the source code in the near future when I am ready. If you want you can send me your email threw my site on "Odd Jobs" here. Then i'll save your address until then or if you want I can PM you. I will be happy to include you in the credits.

Cheers, Ajm113
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement