Sign in to follow this  
codingsolo

[Solved] Matrix math with targetting joints on skinned meshes

I am trying to target individual joints in a skinned mesh to be the target of objects. The problem I have is this: I have the exCombinedTransformationMatrix of the joint which is used for the skinned animation, I am trying to make my target D3DVECTOR3(exCombinedTransformationMatrix ._41, exCombinedTransformationMatrix._42, exCombinedTransformationMatrix._43) + D3DVECTOR3(character's world pos). This works flawlessly when the character is at idle but it is noticeably incorrect when the character goes into run. It targets the same point relative to the character. I don't think what I am doing is enough by just using the 41,42 and 43 of the exCombinedTransformationMatrix. How would I go about sending the point from the root down the combined matrix chain correctly so I can correctly target each individual joint regardless of current animation? Brandon [Edited by - codingsolo on May 22, 2007 11:56:15 AM]

Solved.

I was making an identity matrix then assigning the 41,42,43 of the player to it and I would multiply that into the combinedMatrix.

What needed to be done was taking the entire world matrix of the player and multiply that into the combinedMatrix for the specific joint.

Brandon