Sign in to follow this  

Graphic Options

This topic is 3858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Resolution and Anti-aliasing settings are basically a hard requirement.

It's usually nice to be able to adjust the levels of detail on certain things like shadow maps, textures, lighting quality, post-process effects, etc. Some systems are better at some things than others, so it's nice for users to be able to tweak these things.

But, in my mind, the most important thing about ANY options for any games (and many games fail miserably at this), is that the user should not be required to QUIT THE GAME to change options. Regardless of what options you end up implementing, take the time to be able to change them without quitting the game (even resolution changes, which many games are quite bad at).

Quote:
Original post by Drilian
Resolution and Anti-aliasing settings are basically a hard requirement.

But, in my mind, the most important thing about ANY options for any games (and many games fail miserably at this), is that the user should not be required to QUIT THE GAME to change options. Regardless of what options you end up implementing, take the time to be able to change them without quitting the game (even resolution changes, which many games are quite bad at).

I remember a game that would only clear the screen to re-draw the whole thing based on the specifications that you made; is that what you are talking about?

And why would Anti-Aliasing options be a requirement? Is it intesive?

This topic is 3858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.