My Game Maker

Started by
2 comments, last by ShotgunNinja 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone I am currently trying to write my own game making program its not going to be 3d but it will still have multiplayer and was wanting some information on want you would like to see in my game making tool. You can check out my web site for moor information go to the about web page and the download page to see my game making tool . web address www.bioware.freewebsitehosting.com My game making tool was base on game maker and comes with some cool demo games pacman etc. I made it with the allegro gaming library check it out and let me no what you think.
Advertisement
You say that you used Allegro but it looks like you've made it Windows-specific. I'm trying to leave Windows behind in favor of Linux and others. Why don't you make it so that it can recompile for other platforms if you're using Allegro?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, if you're basing your product on Game Maker, then you have to do something to make it different from it in order to make it worthwhile for people who have already heard of Game Maker to use your program instead.

BTW, if you want to be taken seriously on these forums, you should get better web-hosting. The first time I tried to download your game maker I couldn't even get to the page because of all of the pop-up advertisements.
I just thought you should be informed of this...

Quote:
The BioWare Corp. logo, BioWare, the BioWare Corp. hands logo, and The BioWare Infinity Engine, are all registered trademarks of BioWare Corp.

http://www.bioware.com/legal/copyright.html
http://neolithic.exofire.net
And fix your grammar. Please. (I don't mean to nag, but I could barely read your post.)

Some of the things you've said are a bit confusing. For example:
Quote:...its not going to be 3d but it will still have multiplayer...

And? There are many games that are 2d that have multiplayer. See Soldat, for example.

Quote:...check out my web site for moor information...

Why do we want information about moors? We're game developers, not swamp explorers. Oh wait, that's a spelling error.

Quote:...comes with some cool demo games pacman etc...

Excuse me, but that sounds like one demo game. And it's still under active copyright. So at least call it a pacman clone, or something like that.

I don't mean to flame your post or anything, but I can't stand errors. (I'm a programmer, after all. I spend my spare time fixing syntax errors.) And I'm pretty sure that most of the other members here can't stand them either. So please fix your post. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement