Sign in to follow this  

How to creat a wall clock

This topic is 3857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a home work and i don't know how to do it please help me . A Wall Clock Objectives This project aims at giving the students an opportunity to demonstrate their acquired skills in computer graphics using OpenGL. There is no scope for teamwork in this project. Accordingly, you should submit your own work. Requirements: You are required to develop a program that displays an animated analog wall clock. Your program Should read the system time and feed it to the developed clock function so that the real computer Time is displayed (the local time). Your clock should include the following features: • The usual three hands: an hour hand, a minute hand and a second hand. • The hour position on the dial [use either numbers (1-12), Roman numerals (I, II, III, IV…), or just short line-marks similar to those used in real clocks]. • The dial could be made circular, oval, squared, rectangular, or any other shape. • The clock should ring the bell at the start of every new hour; at 1:0:0, 2:0:0 …etc. Assessment Notes: • The developed code should be readable and variable names should follow the standards. • Correct indentation of program constructs will definitely add to the readability. Modularity is important. • A 1-2 pages report should be submitted together with the developed software. In the report you • should explain how you approached the solution and any computer graphics/mathematics • Techniques used. You should clearly state the used references. • The more nice-looking additional features that you may add to your clock will receive extra credit.

Moving you to For Beginners.

It's a rule here that we don't give solutions to homework problems. If you ask specific questions (and show us your attempt at answering them) we may be able to point you in the right direction though.

Is there something in particular that's causing you a problem, or do you have no idea how to approach the problem at all?

If I were you I'd start out by figuring out how to get the system time and begin building the rest of your program around that basic functionality.

Quote:
I have a home work and i don't know how to do it please help me .

Quote:
Objectives
This project aims at giving the students an opportunity to demonstrate
their acquired skills in computer graphics using OpenGL. There is no
scope for teamwork in this project. Accordingly, you should submit
your own work.

If you don't even know how to begin, then this would be the very last moment to dig into the material you've had provided during the course.

After you get started, if you run into a particular issue, feel free to ask.

General aproach to this:
- Create a new project in whatever language/IDE you're using
- Write the core of an OpenGL application the initializes the graphics
- Draw a few basic OpenGL primitives (lines, triangles).

Once you get so far, the details of drawing a clock should be much clearer.

But anything else should be part of your curriculum, and nobody here can help with that.

Quote:
Original post by Kazgoroth
If I were you I'd start out by figuring out how to get the system time and begin building the rest of your program around that basic functionality.

Start with that, and then learn how to draw a line from a single point to another point.

Then take a look at a real analog clock and see where the hands start and when they end.

There, that should give you a bunch to do.

This topic is 3857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.