Finding a program like blitz3d

Started by
8 comments, last by Virtual X 16 years, 10 months ago
Ok I have searched for a long time now but i can't find anything that is relatively like blitz 3d but free at the same time. i dont want to buy blitz3d because it is really outdated and i know there is something better out there. i really dont have alot of programming experience so it cant be too sophisticated but i did read a really good book on blitz 3d to the point where i could make my own game so i have a good amount of knowledge. i would really appreciate a reply thank you very much!
Advertisement
I have been out of the loop for the current 3D game makers- my adviec is to do your own reserach on google

I searched for "3D game maker" and found this, amongst others;

http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/

This one looks pretty good and seems like a very decent price.

These things are constantly getting better and better.

For local multiplayer retro themed games, visit Domarius Games.

i dont want to seem rude but i need something free and i have been researching on google and ask.com for about a full month now.
Use limewire. It's free. Go to their site (I think www.limewire.org and download it

Development tools are an investment. They'll more than make their money back once you start using them properly. Many tools are available with student discounts if you're still in school or college.

The reason people like money for their work is because they have to pay bills too. The folks behind Blitz3D and BlitzMAX are not swimming in cash and I'd love to know how you expect these companies to pay for support costs if you're not willing to pay them for their software. Web servers with decent bandwidth don't come free.

Piracy is not condoned on this website. If you download software illegally, you WILL be banned from GDNet. No exceptions. No excuses. It's illegal. Period.

If you have no money, get some balls and get a job.

Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
Quote:Original post by dada222
Use limewire. It's free. Go to their site (I think www.limewire.org and download it

Limewire is a P2P filesharing application. It is not a development tool. Why are you recommending this?
Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dude i do have a darn good paying job but i am beginning programming right now and all im asking for is something free like or almost like blitz 3d so i dont have to research for a long time and then waste my money on some program that has a counterpart that is free and better. plus i dont think limewire would have the best programs even though it is pretty much the best music download site.
Yeah it's possible soemthing free and cool exists, unfortunately I don't know of it.

For local multiplayer retro themed games, visit Domarius Games.

Something what is even with the great Blitz3D and free?
I don't think something like that exists... The only thing I can imagine, is a free c++ compiler, a free 3D-Engine like Irrlicht or Ogre3D and a txt-editor. ;)

Srsly, Blitz3D is indeed outdated, but it's still a very simple and powerfull language. If you want something not outdated, i suggest you try BlitzMax. Has no 3D-Engine yet, still in development.
greets, FFF_______________________________God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.
you could have alook for BlitzBasic 2D which came free with a copy of PC PLUS and PC FORMAT some years ago, apart from that one I don't think you will find anything worth developing with for free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement