GRAW 1 and MP

Started by
3 comments, last by capn_midnight 16 years, 11 months ago
I've owned Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter for the XBox 360 for a couple of months now, but last night was the first time I actually played the multiplayer portion of the game. The MP game is almost completely different! The available weapons are different, and they behave in completely different ways. There's no weapon shake or recoil (just the reticule expansion), and you can't pin to walls to take cover. Their are significant graphical differences, too, like tactical map being 2D instead of 3D with elevation, the Field of View being narrower, and the camera being placed closer to the avatar in the Over-Shoulder view. It's very weird.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
Indeed it is, but the reason is even weirder..
The two potions of the game were developed by different studios, using different engines and even some different artwork (although there some of it was shared).

-M
I was really disappointed when I found that out. IMHO it would have been a lot of fun to play the Realistic SP style game in a multiplayer scenario, particularly with a couple of Marine friends of mine. Oh well.

Just because GRAW is being discussed, did anyone else really hate the stupid helicopter segments on Realistic mode? I swear there's no skill involved; whether you live or die is pure luck. I haven't had the patience to play GRAW in quite a while, because I have a pile of games that actually make me lose for sucking at the game, and not just because the random number gods got pissy.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

terrible multiplayer. TKers and lob sided matches. Spawn killing. Terrorist hunt isnt too bad though.
Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ
I was really disappointed when I found that out. IMHO it would have been a lot of fun to play the Realistic SP style game in a multiplayer scenario, particularly with a couple of Marine friends of mine. Oh well.

Just because GRAW is being discussed, did anyone else really hate the stupid helicopter segments on Realistic mode? I swear there's no skill involved; whether you live or die is pure luck. I haven't had the patience to play GRAW in quite a while, because I have a pile of games that actually make me lose for sucking at the game, and not just because the random number gods got pissy.

I've played through all of the Gun-ride missions in both games and haven't even taken a single hit yet. I don't run the gun pedal to the metal all the time, though, and a friend of mine who does did get killed a couple of times.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement