Sign in to follow this  

Accumulation Buffer and HDR

This topic is 3860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I just try to do some multipass HDR-Rendering. Every lightsource is used for one renderpass. Every pass is written in the accumulation Buffer. So at the end, all Lightsources are summed together and the resulting is written in the accum-buffer. Giving the picture back means that the color-values are clamped to be drawn in the colorbuffer. So is there a way to do a kind of tonemapping to the accum buffer? Or can I access the values from the accum-buffer in a glsl-shader where I can perform a tonemapping? Perhaps using the accumbuffer as a texture? I just thought about using Framebuffer Objects to perform the adding on my own, but I don't get it to work. So the easiest way would be the ability to access the accumulation buffer. I hope someone has a good idea to help me. Greetings, Dennis

Quote:

I just thought about using Framebuffer Objects to perform the adding on my own, but I don't get it to work. So the easiest way would be the ability to access the accumulation buffer.

Not really. The easiest way would be to get your FBOs to work :) Seriously, it really isn't hard.

The accum buffer wasn't at all meant to be used for these kind of things, and you'll run into lots of trouble, especially when trying to access accum data in a fragment shader (which will require an expensive copy).

This topic is 3860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.