retrieving triangle information from .3ds

Started by
0 comments, last by Cirdan 16 years, 10 months ago
what libararies are their available for importing .3ds models, that allow you to gain access the exact triangle geometry, i.e. vertex position, normals, tex coordinates and everything. im working on a game, and ive never used any modelling programs before, ive only ever used heightmap terrain, and procedurally generated models, and i need to be able to access the geometry for the physics in the game. at the same time, the engine is optimized, so that there is a list of geometry that is collidable - in otherwords will be interacted with - and that which wont, to increase speed of player-geometry collision detection, in modelling programs like 3dsmax, is there anything that can be done, so that you can sort of, add an identifier to certain models and triangles that will be passed into the .3ds file, so that i can retrieve it automaticly?
Advertisement
Hi!

Check out http://trimeshloader.sourceforge.net/

I'm the author, and eager to get some feedback for it. so it would be nice if you could tell me how you like it, and which features you are missing.

Cirdan

Edit:
p.s. you can use the subset name as identifier (it is limit to 20 char in 3ds though)..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement