Just wanted to say hey.

Started by
9 comments, last by DLo 16 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hey and introduce myself before I started making post around the board. I just recently discovered this site/forum a little over a month ago and decided it was about that time to get more involved (Not to mention I am going to need a massive amount of help with this programming.) I was attending the art institute but recently pulled out because its a little too much drawing and not enough programming for me. Now its back into traditional 4 year university, but this time I am going to set my degree in computer science, I feel it is the only thing I can do to get into this gaming industry. Before anything I am a writer, I love writing stories, lore, character backgrounds, all that good stuff. Im sure everyone is aware though this is not the easiest profesion to use off the back trying to get into the gaming industry, so programming is the only way for me to go. Im sorry for rambling, and I appreciate all the people taking the time to peek at this, I look foward to getting to know most of you, learning, and hopefully networking along the way ;0) Peace easy folks I hope all of you have a good one! -DLo
Advertisement
*wave*
Welcome to the GDNet community. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Welcome, may your travels be bug free.
Welcome to the group DLo.

Ghostknight
Hi buuuuuudy.
Artist 1st - Programmer 2nd(I'll get some material linked here sometime to support these claims, haha)

TOMAGO!!!!!!

Hi! [smile]
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
Go Comp Sci!

Anyway, make sure that you pay attention during the first couple of programming subjects, and then in the algorithms and data structures subjects.

Man, I wish I had paid more attention.

Anyway, good to have you here. See you around.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
I appreciate all the greetings folks, much appreciated!
Hmmm, I would have figured the art aspect from AI would have hit your fancy a bit better actualy! It doesent really matter though, in my mind programming is an artform as well. Abstract reasoning is a very interesting and good gift to have, and with great language skills you will breeze through the implementation details.

That being said, I like the approch you made here, much better then the "help me make this fantastic new MMORPG with dragons and goblins and stuff" that everyone else on here starts with. but then again, they are probably all 14-18, lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement