• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
coba2

Trouble GLee....

This topic is 4100 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I using library GLee for my shadow map project.... And I use C++ code with MFC.. I has been include GLee in my program.. and success. But while my program running. The GLee cannot be work. If i trace the program.. The program message that the version is not compatible, so the function cannot work. I confuse because I has been include the newest version of GLee (2.1). Is somebody know?? Thanx

Advertisement
What is not possible? To use a certain extension? If that's the case: it depends on your graphics card which extensions are supported and which are not. Hasn't to do something with GLee

But..if depend on my graphic card... I was try to open a project that using the same GLee library in my computer. And it's work and the version is compatible.

But if I using it in my own project. It is not work..because the version is not compatible.

Why????

Sorry, but I can't nobody can help you, if you don't describe the problem further, post a few lines of code where the error occurs, post the exact error message or problem description, etc.

I'm sorry because i cannot pick the sample code. Because there is no error in my project.. But my project didnot doing right thing like I want.. My shadow map project didn't show the shadow.. it's because the GLee library didn't work.

I think the GLee library didnot match with my VC++ 2005 or VC++ 6.0. Because after I read the explain from Glee.. I know that GLee can operated in VC++ 7 or VC++ 2003. It is my opinion...

Are my opinion is right???

No, I use GLee successfully with Visual Studios 2005.

Here's some things to check:

-Are you *sure* that GLee is the problem? Not drawing shadows could be caused by a dozen other things.
-Did you call GLeeInit() after intializing OpenGL but before using extensions?
-Have you checked to make sure that any extensions that you are using are available on your hardware? For example, this checks for the extension ARB_fragment_shader and prints out whether it's available or not.

if(GLEE_ARB_fragment_shader)
printf("ARB_fragment_shader available for use.\n");
else
printf("No ARB_fragment_shader support.\n");

Where the GLeeInit() must be place??? Before using extention??? Or where??

I has been do like what you do.. This is my code:

if (!GLEE_ARB_shadow)
{
return false;
}

But,it was always return false.. And i tried to debug it... After I debug.. I know that inside the Glee.cpp, one of the code is doing wrong. The section that doing wrong is in:

const char *__GLeeGetExtStrPlat()
{
#ifdef WIN32
if (!_GLEE_WGL_ARB_extensions_string)
>>>> pwglGetExtensionsStringARB = (PFNWGLGETEXTENSIONSSTRINGARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("wglGetExtensionsStringARB");

if (pwglGetExtensionsStringARB)
return (const char *)pwglGetExtensionsStringARB(wglGetCurrentDC());
#elif defined(__APPLE__) || defined(__APPLE_CC__)
#else
Display *dpy=glXGetCurrentDisplay();
if(dpy)
{
int dpynr=DefaultScreen(dpy);
return (const char*)glXQueryExtensionsString(dpy,dpynr);
}
#endif
return 0;
}

In sign >>>, the result is NULL. So the return always false...

Maybe you can help me why it's happen... Thank..

Given how basic that 'extension' is I would guess that you haven't successfully setup an OpenGL context before trying to use the extension; make sure you have done this!

I'm sorry.. I don't understand what you mean about. Can you explain more about your statement.. Thnx

Like I said in my first post, you call GLeeInit() after initializing OpenGl, but before using any extensions. For example:

InitOpenGL(); //start up OpenGL

GLeeInit();

if(!GLEE_ARB_shadow)
{
return false;
}

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!