Sign in to follow this  

[dx10] error of "..so naturally, will no longer be bound"

This topic is 3858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I got many error in VS2005's ouput window like below, but my program doesn't really exit, but instead runs well.
Quote:
D3D10: INFO: ID3D10Device::PSSetShaderResources: A currently bound PixelShader ShaderResourceView is being deleted; so naturally, will no longer be bound. [ STATE_SETTING INFO #43: PSSETSHADERRESOURCES_UNBINDDELETINGOBJECT ]
They once make me uncomfortable but I just ignore them. But now I have a problem: in big data, I can't create texture. I guess some resources that are no longer used are not correctly released in Cleanup(). How to check what I haven't released? and how to check the current GRAM usage? Thanks!

From all what I know the only way to detect resource leaks with D3D10 is currently PIX.

The memory usage is an even more complex question. Direct3D 10 is build in a way that you can allocate graphic resources as long as you have address space and swap space left. The virtual VRAM manager will swap between the VRAM, the main memory and the disk when it is necessary.

This topic is 3858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.