Sign in to follow this  
Ehrys

[FIXED] Linker Error VS2005

Getting an unresolved external "all of a sudden" after modifying what I thought was unrelated code. Changing the previous code back doesn't fix the problem.
Quote:
Original Error Message In Visual Studio 2005 Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class Quaternion __thiscall Quaternion::Conjugate(void)" (?Conjugate@Quaternion@@QAE?AV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CCamera::RotateCamera(float,class Vector3D &)" (?RotateCamera@CCamera@@QAEXMAAVVector3D@@@Z) Camera.obj
My understand of this error message is: "I tried to find the method Conjugate that returns a Quaternion inside the Quaternion class but couldn't find it" So I went to find the method and sure enough it's still there. I right clicked the method and click "Goto Declaration" and it finds the declaration in the header file. If I right click the declaration in the header file and click "Goto Definition" it finds the method in the source file. Not exactly sure why I'm getting this error now and not before. Oh, the code I changed was in WinMain(...) and I changed return (0); to return (1); in my error block. Changing it back to return (0); doesn't work. [Edited by - Ehrys on May 27, 2007 7:30:15 AM]

Have you tried to rebuild your project? Sometimes things just screw up..

Otherwise, are you sure you didn't touch the project settings somehow to not build the .cpp file with that Conjugate method?

I usually get that when I get forget to include a .lib file in the project settings. Did you have something that would require a .lib file?

After spending nearly all yesterday building, cleaning, rebuilding checking libraries etc I gave up.

Booted up this morning and it's built without a problem.

Not a clue what was wrong. Must be a VS 2005 glitch.