Sign in to follow this  

Ode Trimesh Problems

This topic is 3846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! i have a problem with ODE. i have created a trimesh on wich i shoot spheres. 75% of the spheres go right through. the rest bounces once or twice then it goes through. if i shoot a sphere so it hits the trimesh with a really low velocity perpedicular to the triangle normal i can make it stay on the trimesh. i have tested changing all the global parameters and the stepsize so, does anyone have a working demo of trimesh collisions? i would really like an example so i can check against my own (i have already copied all the parameters from the example that comes with ode (it didnt make things better))

It sounds like everything is working properly. You'll have to scale your velocity to get acceptable results. Scaleing your velocity will also require you to scale the ball radius, and mass. Basically every unit of measure will need to scale.

As you noticed a smaller velocity works.. a smaller velocity in scale means a smaller radius, a smaller mass. You see?

edit: another suggestion, if you just want to use a smaller timestep, you'll have to run multiple iterations of the physics between frames to keep it's actual time.

This topic is 3846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.