• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Python question

This topic is 3919 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i just bought a book on python and ive been reading the intro. all is fine but now its time to start python. i know i need a python interpreter but what else do i need if there is anything else? also what interpreter/other items do you recommend? thanks hey

Advertisement
Ty John Bolton i just dled the active state thing with python interactive shell its great so far everything is working great but i have another question. in my book it says interactive things are great but i need a programming enviroment something called an IDLE where i can actually save functions etc and all that stuff. did that come with the active state? ive been looking in the file i dont see anything about it. where can i get something like that? thanks.

for modules in the documentation it talks about using a text file where do i have to save it? i get you name it whatever.py then import whatever but where do i create the text file?

thanks

nvm i believe i found it

sorry

You can create the file with any text editor (NOT a word processor) as long as you can it has a .py extension (make sure it doesn't end up as .py.txt). You can save the file anywhere (but modules that include each other should be in the same folder; Python will look either there or in its own library directories).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement