[XNA] Default to Best Resolution

Started by
2 comments, last by Uphoreum 16 years, 10 months ago
First off, which forum is the forum for XNA questions? I had been putting them in .NET, but I saw someone put one in here, and I would assume this forum gets more traffic. Anyways, back to my question: Is there a way, in XNA, that I can default to the highest resolution possible on the system it's running on? Or, some way I can get that information so that I can set it myself?
Advertisement
As a noob myself of XNA I suggest to ask on the forum on XNA framework. I don't know how to do what you are asking yet, but I do believe that there is a video tutorial on creating a full game. That mite enplane on creating everything from windows and controls.

Do a search on "Rocket Commander, Video, Tutorial, C#".
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.
That video tutorial is for MDX 1.1 I believe. Still, it's worth watching.
Okay, I found it.

I guess this doesn't choose the maximum necessarily, but it'll choose whatever the current desktop resolution is, which, in most cases, the user has set as the highest.

graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = GraphicsAdapter.DefaultAdapter.CurrentDisplayMode.Height;

graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = GraphicsAdapter.DefaultAdapter.CurrentDisplayMode.Width;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement