• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
arabian_dev

Unity How can I make a DVD interactive game

This topic is 4160 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I'm new in this site. I'm from Saudi Arabia and I plan on making an "interactive DVD game", with arabic menus, English subtitles etc. I think this would be a really great opportunity and this could actually be a jackpot for me, especially that there are a lot of young people in my country that would buy this program I'm planning on making. I've rented a lot of Disney dvds and each one of them has a "Interactive Game" This is the kind of game I'm planning on making, except that the one I'me planning to do is with "Tree Scenes" meaning a scene comes along, then you choose one of 3 scenes, and each one of these three leads to other 3 scenes and so on, so that each time you play the game the scenes you watch are differant, and the "roots" and "paths" you take are differant, It's an Interactive video where you play a role in the story and what's going to happen next. Anyone have any idea where I can find a program that makes this "interactive movie"? I've trides programs like Ulead video studio to make menus. It is simular to that process but in a slightly differant way. Another question: Anyone here from Arriyadh Saudi Arabia that can help me out with my project? Thanx

Advertisement
I think DVDs use a simple scripting language for this, but you will need a DVD authoring program that supports it. I don't know if Ulead supports it or how scripting is different from making menus though. Google for 'DVD scripting' and you should be able to find some information.

Thanx guys for the replys

I found this

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%27DVD+scripting%27++menus

and I also found this as an example of my project on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_movie

another thing...

This could be a great chance for all of you gamedevs out there as this style of games could have a great "comeback" after the long disapearance since they first came out in the 80's. Especially that they are very easy to make (I suppose) when comparing them to 3d applications ant texture etc.

Adobe Encore is a DVD authoring app, and I am pretty sure it can do menus. Encore also happens to be quite cheap for what it is - below $400. You should download a free trial at least.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!