The first thing you do when making an engine

Started by
14 comments, last by Programmer101 16 years, 10 months ago
I make sure I've canceled all my personal life for the next 500 years that it'll take me to complete it :)
Advertisement
*Off Topic Rant*
It trips me out a bit how the threads on gamedev come in waves. Like a few months ago everyone was making MMO's and MMO threads.

Then it seemed like there were dozen's of threads on Singletons, that's starting to trail off a bit.

Now it seems like everyone is making their own engine and engine threads. Am I the only one who notices everyone seems to jump on the latest programming trend?

Maybe it's just late and I've been at work for 12 hours on a Saturday with a lot of caffeine in my system. Though I'm not complaining, a lot of the threads are very amusing and often get passed around through programmers on msn.

Well I for one welcome our MMORPGFPSRTSBYOB Super Engine Overlords.

*End Rant*

I generally start with a window.
I kinda start writing the core library... then write a basic renderer w/ a Geometry Buffer object, and put the holy basic object: a triangle.
Quote:Original post by Dancin_Fool
Then it seemed like there were dozen's of threads on Singletons, that's starting to trail off a bit.

Trust me, they will be back... in my experience there is a constant stream of those :S

Quote:Original post by sirGustav
I make sure I've canceled all my personal life for the next 500 years that it'll take me to complete it :)

[lol]

Quote:Though I'm not complaining, a lot of the threads are very amusing and often get passed around through programmers on msn.

Yeah I like those threads. My favorite was this one Seeking female programmer ages 18-23 [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement