my side scrolling beat em up very alpha

Started by
5 comments, last by __ODIN__ 16 years, 10 months ago
hi please goto this thread http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=450356 where i posted it, get the files from the first post i did, then you will need to get the file from my last post, which is just an exe to replace which has more updated fixes. Also if you want fullscreen you can use this exe link: http://rapidshare.com/files/34957379/SpriteClass2_-_Alpha_0.00001.rar.html copy exe's to dir. by the way it might not work too well on slower machines at the moment. remeber its alpha so got alot to do still. its an open combo system for a scroller and has juggling and stuff.
Advertisement

Here i have uploaded a video of my game so you can see how cool it is.
Nice.. What can you tell us about the game..
The graphics looks familiar; where did you get the sprites, for example?

Allan
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
Are those sprites from Street Fighter? Are they just in as placeholders? Just curious because the game does look cool, but you'll end up in some potential legal trouble if you're using Street Fighter's exact sprites.

That said I'm going to download this and see how it plays tomorrow. Hopefully I'll remember to come back and leave my feedback for you.
I wasn't going to be that harsh; it's okay to use placeholder sprites (though it starts to get a little hairy when you distribute it). I was just curious about where he got them, etc. It's always good to know where to find high-quality placeholders :)

You seem to have gotten the logic pretty well down; impressive. I can see the influences of Streets of Rage in this :)

Allan
Quote:Original post by __ODIN__
I wasn't going to be that harsh; it's okay to use placeholder sprites (though it starts to get a little hairy when you distribute it). I was just curious about where he got them, etc. It's always good to know where to find high-quality placeholders :)

I wasn't trying to be harsh. Just to point out that this game looks like it'll be fun (sorry, forgot to download it today) and I'd hate to see such a game get shutdown because of art. It certainly is ok to use placeholder sprites and I agree that with the video he has and distributing it (even as an alpha) he's starting to get into the fuzzy area where they might come shutting you down. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just informative. Apologies if I came off harsh.
Quote:Original post by NickGravelynI'm not trying to be discouraging, just informative. Apologies if I came off harsh.

My apologies for the misunderstand; I totally agree with you that it looks like an fun little title, and it would be a shame if it got taken down by the corporate hit-squad :)

To the original poster; sorry for the hijack, and best of luck going forward!

Allan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement