Problems going from Debug to Release

Started by
1 comment, last by Chett2001 16 years, 10 months ago
Ok, this is pretty much my first project that ive had to turn from debug to release and ive had a few issues.. 1) Firstly when the change was made it fliped my project to unicode, and for many reasons i simply cant use unicode so i switched it back, this isnt going to cause problems is it? 2) Ive got a lot of unresolved external symbols, which i didnt have during debug.. why is this? how can i remedy this?
d3dUtility.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetTime@0
d3dUtility.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixLookAtLH@16
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateTextureFromFileA@12
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixTranslation@16
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__waveOutSetVolume@8
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateTexture@32
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateFontA@48
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixMultiply@12
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXLoadMeshFromXA@32
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXMatrixRotationY@8
3) Ive used strcpy a lot in the project and it says its now depeciated (HOW NICE NOT TO TELL ME IN DEBUG :D) do i need to change this or is it just a silly warning i can ignore?
\main.cpp(3867) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated
        D:\visual studio 2005\VC\include\string.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
Look forward to your answers as allways, im still very much a noob sodont worry about sounding condecending !! Chett
Chett - "I look forward to helping all of you one day, but right now im just a noob learning his way through the perils of game Development."
Advertisement
1) no problem
2) Add the linker libs to the Release config that you added to the Debug config long time ago.
3) Those deprecate warning can be ignored. It's just a hint that you still use functions that are considered unsafe.

Bye, Thomas
----------
Gonna try that "Indie" stuff I keep hearing about. Let's start with Splatter.
Thanks, and finally

1) is there a way to add a custom or a .ico icon? is this done in code or does VS2005 have its own thing for it?

2) Is there a way to compile the project into install files like you can with windows forms projects? or is this just not available with unmanaged DirectX projects.

[Edited by - Chett2001 on June 3, 2007 3:09:02 PM]
Chett - "I look forward to helping all of you one day, but right now im just a noob learning his way through the perils of game Development."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement