Sign in to follow this  

alternative to bink video?

This topic is 3843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by ValMan
http://www.xvid.org/

QFT.

I wrote a streaming internet webcam app using the xvid codec in about two nights. Definitely the way to go.

Quote:
Original post by spooky_paul
my project is directx and windows only. all i need is a way of playing a cutscene, the simplest solution available

In your first post you said you need alternatives for bink. If all you need is to play a cutscene, just use DirectShow.

You can use ffmpeg which is a layer higher than using the codecs directly (IE: like using DevIL rather than jpeglib,libpng,libtiff,etc separately), with it you can play almost any format and it is a cross platform solution.

I once wrote some code for rendering video frames into OpenGL textures and then use the texture on a quad to display the video with it, but its rather outdated, you may be able to find it on one of my old posts.

This topic is 3843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.